Monday, March 31, 2008

Blessings and Lessons

This weekend turned out to be a blessing and a lesson learned for me. Jay really wanted to go back to the Rennisance Festival with some friends and no kids. We had already been a couple of weeks ago with the kids. Jay loves this place and looking at all the armor and swords and seeing the shows (all of which was very limited while the kids were with because they wanted to go on all the rides.) I like going but once a year is enough for me. I also didn't want to spend the money again as tickets are $16.00 as a discount if you buy them at Fry's (a local grocery store) and then food while there and pay for our babysitter for the day. But he really wanted to go and it is so rare that the two of us spend the day together by ourselves. So I prayed really hard about not letting my attitude show and to try and be the "Proverbs 31 and Titus 2" wife and honor my husband first. I fail quite often at this as I know I can let him know how I really feel and he will most of the time defer to my feelings. I knew this wasn't fair so off we went. Now you should know I was excited just to spend the day with him so I was looking forward to that.


We left about 9:30 and stopped by Fry's grocery store to buy the tickets. They had a sign posted that said they were out of tickets. I thought to myself ,"great now we will have to pay $20.00 per ticket at the gate as there are no other Frys close by on the way". Jay wasn't too excited about that either but he was not going to let that stop us from going. So we drove out there (it's about a 40 minute drive). I was praying a lot on the way. We got there and went to get in line and a lady was standing close by and asked us if we were buying tickets and we said yes. She said she had two extra tickets because she got them from her company and we looked like just the two people she wanted to give them to!!!! We couldn't believe it!!! We were very greatful and thankful. I kept saying Thank you Lord!!! He is so faithful to answer prayers when we just submit. We saved $40.00 and it was an awesome day together and the Lord blessed us!


I wanted to write and share this so I myself can look back and remember how faithful God is even in the small things when we are obedient and selfless.


Here are a couple of pictures from when we took the kids:


Sir Joshua and Lady Savannah


What a Knight!


No comments:

Post a Comment