Monday, March 31, 2008

I love Lapbooks

We are still working on the school room. My husband wants to move some furniture around when he gets home later today. So hopefully by tonight or tomorrw I will post after pictures.


I wanted to share about our lapbooks. I love doing them and so do my kids! I am going to add some links so you can check out some different sites that make and sell them or the templates. Do you lapbook? If so share with us some of your favorite sites as well.


I am addicted to Hands of a Child lapbooks (www.handsofachild.com). We have a lot of them and have completed several this year. (Genesis, Exodus, Ten Commandments, Thanksgiving, Valentines, Presidents, and Easter) We are finishing up the year with ones on plants and the farm. I also branched out on my own and had two of my younger kids make their own letter lapbooks. The items in here were from some great preschool websites that I will put links to as well. At the beginning of each year I have also had Anastasia make a lap book that includes her favorite things, sample of handwriting, things she did over the summer, etc. These are fun to look back at each year. Joshua will get to do one of these in the fall as he will be starting Kindergarten!!!


We also love to notebook and have a collection of great pages. Some one on one of my yahoogroups sent a great idea for putting lapbooks into 3-ring binders. Here is a link to her site so you can check out her pictures. This is a great way to store them. http://littlehomeschoolonthehill.com/category/great-ideas/


Here are some pics of some of our lapbooks:





No comments:

Post a Comment