Thursday, April 24, 2008

Books I am Reading

I have 2 different books I am currently trying to reread and pull info from. I usually try to read at night when the kids are in bed and Jay is working on his homework.


I am reading My Heart's at Home by Jill Savage for the 2nd time. I love the ideas presented in this book as my heart has been for my home and family. It gives wonderful, practical ideas for building your home life and great encouragement for moms. I am looking into getting some of her other books. I just visited her website and blog for the first time. Take a look: http://www.jillsavage.blogspot.com/


The other book I am reading that is awesome is The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian. I just love the insights and specific things to pray about. It is helping me stay focused in my prayers for my children. At the end of each chapter there is also a prayer and list of verses to claim. I am such a list person and I think that is what I like about this is the specific examples. But also it is not a "rule list" like you must pray for this more of just guidelines and reminders.


Our children are such a blessing from the Lord and they are my most important "job" I have. I feel so blessed even on the days I want to string them up by their toes or I can't wait for them to get to bed I can then go in and look at them sleeping and just feel blessed.


If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! Matthew 7:11


They shall not labor in vain, nor bring forth children for trouble; for they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord and their offspring with them. Isaiah 65:23


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment