Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Faith like Abraham's

In Sunday school today the lesson really hit home for me.  We have been studying in Genesis and the story of Abraham.  Today we talked about Abraham's test of sacraficing his only son.  Talk about a test of faith!!!    Of course God dispises human sacrafice. Obviously this was a test of Abraham's devotion to God. It required that Abraham give up the most precious thing to him, other than his relationship with God.  Throughout this whole journey you can see eveidence of Abraham's faith in the way that he obeyed.   And then his obedience is rewarded. 


Jay mentioned in class that Abraham is the only person who has even an inkling of what God did for us through Christ in that God sacraficed his only Son for us.  All of this really made me reflect on my precious children, my gifts from God.  How do I react to tests?  I can honestly say I have grown in this area. Meaning I haven grown because of numerous tests of faith this past year alone!!!  I of course still have more room to grow and I seek God first.  I am not always patient with His timing but I know He will see me through and He will provide.  Tests are strictly for us not for God.  I believe they are  to strengthen and grow our character.



How do you handle God's tests?

No comments:

Post a Comment