Saturday, April 12, 2008

What a Day!

Jay is working Thurs-Sat night at PIR and sleeping during the day at my sister's house so we won't see him until Sunday afternoon!! I need to keep busy to make the time go quickly.


What a Friday!! It actually started yesterday (Thursday) and I told the kids we would go to the zoo Friday with their cousins. Thursday afternoon we got the house all straightned up. Joshua threw up once that morning but then was fine the rest of the day. But then Thursday night he did it again, so he slept with me and slept through the night. We got up Friday morning and I called my sister and told her we were waiting to see how Joshua was. He ate breakfast but then threw up again. So we decided not to go to the zoo.


I do not handle throw up well at all. Jay and I made a deal when Anastasia was born that I would change poopie diapers and he would handle throw-up and we were both good with this. My thought is they are only in diapers a little over 2 years but they can throw up as long as they are living with us. So my morning was spent cleaning it up and praying for strength to not throw up myself. We got throught it, and Joshua took a nap.


He woke up feeling much better and started aggrevating his sister so we knew he was feeling fine! He ate some food and kept it down. I called my sister and said lets go. We needed to get out of the house and it was all clean! We got to the zoo about 12:30 and they are usually open unitl 5:00. Well they had a big sign posted that they were closing at 2:00 because of a special event that night!! We couldn't believe it. I was planning on getting a year pass anyways so we went ahead and went in and just did our own little "fast track". The kids had a good time with the promise that we would come back in just a couple of weeks and stay for the day.


We love the zoo and had not been in quite awhile. I wanted Alexa to see and enjoy the animals as she was an infant last time we came. But I am kind of glad they didn't "experience it all" since Jay wasn't with, so he didn't miss out on their excitment. We had packed our lunches to eat at the zoo but didn't want to waste our time while there so after the zoo closed we went to Tumbleweed Park. We just recently discovered this park and it is soooo cool. It has the neatest play structures and the kids just love it. We stayed for a little over an hour and then headed home.


We just relaxed the rest of the evening and I put the kids to be early.


My kiddos and their cousins


Savannah at the Savanna!!! LOL



Tumbleweed Park





Four monkeys on the tire swing

No comments:

Post a Comment