Saturday, April 12, 2008

What is Your Mothering Style

I came across this quiz from someone else's blog and I thought it was quite interesting. I keep trying to fight my results but it is pretty much right on!


I called my sister and had her take it and she of course laughed at mine and said yes it was correct!!!


Take the quiz your self, go to: http://www.motherstyles.com/quiz.asp


Here were my results. I did take it twice as two of the questions I could go either way. (I prefer the 2nd set of results) And as I was fighting my results I realized that later in the day I was constantly thinking about making lists and what I wanted to accomplish next week and before the baby is born and so on.... LOL



Your type is: ISTJ- The “Responsibility” Motheristj —The “Responsibility” Mother


“I have a serious love affair with to-do lists. I could sit for hours reading, organizing, and rearranging my weekly calendar.”



  • The ISTJ mother has a highly developed sense of responsibility: for work, home, family ... particularly her children. Whether she’s overseeing daily baths or insisting on a 10 p.m. curfew, her efforts are largely focused on providing her children with order and routine. She wants them, regardless of age, to be able to count on her and the structure she provides.

  • In carrying out her commitment to her responsibilities, the ISTJ mother is organized, industrious, and detail-oriented. Because her focus is the day-to-day realities of life, her children are likely to feel secure and well provided for.

  • The ISTJ mother also sets a good example and provides her children with practical guidance on being a productive, responsible individual. Still, with all her seriousness, she may delight family members with her quick wit and observations about the details of life.


A close Second is:


Your type is: ESFJ- The “Happy Together” Motheresfj —The “Happy Together” Mother


“I like it when my children are happy on their own, but i love it when the whole family is happy together.”



  • The ESFJ mother has a highly developed sense of family and what it takes to be happy in life. Capable and personally invested, she strives to create a happy family where togetherness and harmony flourish. Whether it’s taking her children to the park or putting on a holiday feast, her efforts are directed toward having everyone be “happy together.”

  • To many, the ESFJ personifies motherhood. She promotes traditional values, tends to the practical and domestic, provides the family with order and structure, and is directly involved with her children’s day-to-day living. The ESFJ mother is a “doer,” and she’s never happier than when she’s “doing” for her family.

  • Believing the home is central to family life, the ESFJ mother excels at creating an atmosphere that is attractive and offers security.

    Energetic and people-oriented, she is drawn to community and the social scene. She helps her children discover the joys of people and groups.


Let me know your results.


No comments:

Post a Comment