Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lesson Learned: Always turn a light on...

I have a funny story to share today that I am sure will give some of you a good laugh!!!


As you know I am 8.5 months pregnant, so I don't sleep very well right now. Everytime I turn over I have to sit up and turn and then I usually have to go to the bathroom a couple times a night. Last night I woke up around 1:00am and could not go back to sleep and the baby was hungry . So I got up went downstairs to get a bowl of cereal. I came back up with my cereal and got on the computer. I was checking email, reading blogs and playing spider solitaire trying to get tired. Our computer is in our room so I was being very quiet and we have music playing and a fan going that drowns out most noise anyways. About an hour later I decided it was time to get back to bed.


I went to go to the bathroom first so hopefully I wouldn't have to get up again. Our bathroom is in our bedroom and it is long like a rectangle with the walk in closet at the other end. I didn't want to turn on the bathroom lights as they are bright. I thought I would just turn on the closet light. I almost didn't but I sure am glad I did because Jay was actually in there sitting on the "throne". I jumped and gave a little yell. He grabbed me to make sure I wouldn't fall. He felt horrible and thought I would have the baby right there. I never heard him get out of bed or anything and I think he was dosing off because he didn't notice me come in the bathroom until I turned the light on. I started laughing and laughing! I told him I almost didn't turn the light on and was just going to sit. Boy that would have been a surprise and I probably would have went into labor!!!!!


Moral of the story: Always turn the light on!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment