Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!!


I had a nice Mother's Day for the most part. My dear husband tries to do things for me but bless his heart Mother's Day has been a bitter sweet the last four year since his mom died (she was only 56 and died from cancer).


Saturday we had our babysitter come over and Jay and I went out together. We went by the cemetery first and took some roses out there. We both know though that his mom would “kick our tails” for spending money on flowers at the grave but it has been awhile since we have been out there. I think a hard part now is knowing that Joy always wanted a lot of grandkids and when she died there was only Anastasia and Joshua was only 5 months old. Now this year she would be getting grandchildren numbers 7 and 8 (Jay’s sister is due in December).


Jay as a baby and his mom


One of my favorite last pictures of Anastasia and "Mawma"


We stayed a little bit and then went to the mall for dinner and a movie.We saw “Expelled” the documentary by Ben Stein. It was a very good movie and I highly recommend it! Check out http://www.getexpelled.com/


We came home and I started feeling sick. My glands were swollen and my throat started hurting so I went to bed!


Mother’s Day I woke up still not feeling great and neither did Joshua. So we stayed home from church. I got to lay around in bed but didn’t enjoy it much not feeling well! I finally got up and Anastasia and Joshua gave me cards that they made. Anastasia gave me two certificates, one for a spa treatment (that she would do) and one for her cooking dinner and cleaning up afterwards!!


This is the card Joshua made for me in Sunday school last week. He said it is a picture of me. (Gotta love the nose LOL) Even so I think it is precious!


I called my mom and she had to work today so we were just going to be staying home and relaxing. Anastasia started giving me my spa treatment. She set up the bathroom with daddy's comfy office chair and my favorite quiet time CD and even had candles lit. Of course Savannah had to help! She is the lotion queen. She absolutely loves lotion and had a great time rubbing my arms and legs with it. (I don’t think I will need any lotion for a month)


The Royal treatment!



You can tell I wasn't feeling well but I did enjoy it!


I could sit here all day!


Just as Anastasia started painting my toe nails my dad called, he passed out on a job so he needed Jay to come help and drive the truck back to his house. (My dad does sign and lighting maintenance for certain restaurants and stores and he was using a bucket truck) So we all loaded up in the car to go over there (they live just about an hour away) We dropped Jay off over at the job site and then we went to my dad and mom’s to wait for them to get back. I just pretty much laid around the kids were excited to go to Papa and Grandma’s.


The kids and Grandma. They got her a gift certificate to Chick-fil-A her favorite place to go lately!


We finally got back home around 7:30pm and got everyone into bed including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment