Friday, June 27, 2008

Back in the swing of things

I think life is getting back to normal (what ever that may look like with 5 kids). I am feeling really good and actually ventured out with all the kids by myself this past week. We were starting to go a little stir crazy in the house all day because it is too hot to play outside and I still have 3 weeks before I can go swimming.


Sunday we all ventured to church and Natasha did great she slept the whole time! Sunday night just Anastasia and I went grocery shopping. I never take all of them unless I absouletly have to. Anastasia and I enjoy this time with just the two of us and she is a big help.


Monday we stayed home and did laundry. Fun Fun! Tuesday I thought I would try to start potty training Alexa so I put her in big girl panties and I set the timer for 15 min. She tried but nothing so I set the timer again but this time one of the kids took it and ran off so I lost track of time and she of course had an accident!!! Maybe I will wait till next week. Anastasia and I made 5 of the 7 meatloaves for the swap (I need more tomato sauce) then I also cooked up 15lbs of meat for taco meat. I let the younger ones play with playdough while we did this. Here is what Joshua made. He said it was Tasha.



Wednesday we went to the library for storytime. It was packed in there because of summer time! Then we came home and everyone including me took naps. When we got up we went to go meet Jay at our now favorite park (Tumbleweed) the entire play structure is covered and we just wanted to get them out of the house to run and play. Well when we got there and got the scooters, stroller and sand toys all out of the suburban and started to play a dust storm started approaching so we ran back to the suburban and got all back in and the rain came for all of 10 minutes and then it was fine so we got back out and stayed for about an hour. Then we came home ate dinner and took baths.



Thursday we went to another homeschooling mom's house for our summer reading fun. Then I took the kids to McDonald's for lunch and was reminded once again why the play structures there gross me out. As we were getting ready to leave a mom came running by us with her son who proceeded to throw up right by us. I told the kids to hurry and get their shoes on. Then as they were coming back out of the bathroom his friend started throwing up and he threw up again as well. Well that brought the managers and everyone out and we just left!! I couldn't get out of there fast enough!!! I told the kids not to touch their faces or anything till I could get some hand sanitizer on them!! Needless to say we came home they took naps and we stayed home the rest of the day. NO PICTURES HERE!!!


Today-Friday- This morning I hosted my group's preschool activity bag swap. Look at all these cool activities!!! I did two sets so I can give some to my niece for her birthday. I love these and have posted about them before you can order the book from http://www.activitybags.com/


This is only a small sample as we each ended up with 28 activities. All the ladies put a lot of work into these and they look so great!


Here are some pics of our well loved baby.


On Joshua's bed and he even shared his favorite blankie


And of course if she gets a picture taken on Joshua's bed she has to lay on Savannah's bed as well! LOL


Patty Cake Patty Cake.....


Is it a baby or a baby doll?? This is Tasha in one of the girls baby doll strollers. This was Anastasia's idea.


Tasha sleeps really well. This is her in her snuggle nest. I love this thing and have used it with all four of my younger kids. It is great espically with having c-sections. The baby can be right next to us in bed with no fear of rolling on her or anything and I can reach her very easily. You can google it for more info.


No comments:

Post a Comment