Thursday, July 24, 2008

What We Have Been Up to this week



I have to start by saying I actually created the above little picture. I love putting images at the start of my blogs and I usually google for them but I try to be careful and I am not sure how the copywrite laws apply to that so anyways I got creative and made my own for today and am quite tickled with myself!



I head up a homeschool group of about 27 families and they are a wonderful group of ladies. This past Tuesday was our monthly Mom's night Out and we went to Paradise Bakery (Yum, Yum). This was an awesome mom's night out as there were at least 12 of us and we shut the place down (not hard to do when they close at 9:00. It was a great time of food, fellowship and fun, fun, fun. We actually even got some planning done for this up coming school year. We do field trips, park days and holiday parties together. We all shared ideas and now I am going to start planning and putting them on the calendar. I love mom's night out and just getting together with these ladies and talking about anything and everything! It was a great night!


Then Wednesday afternoon several of us took our kiddos and went to the new pool. The new aquatic center opened up near us and it is awesome. We went here yesterday with several of our friends and it is as much fun as the local water slide park and because this is a city pool it is only .50cents for kids and $1.50 for adults!!! Okay I remember going to the local city pool as a kid and we were lucky if there was a diving board!!! There is the zero depth entry and shallow play area you see in the front picture with the giant play structure. It also has two water slides, lazy river with tubes, a vortex and a seperate pool for lane swimming and diving boards. Also there is a spray pad play area. Needless to say we had fun in the sun. I love swimming with the kids, they really enjoy it and it wears them out! I feel like we are finally enjoying summer days. We even came home and had homemade juice popsicles.


This morning Joshua had to get his spacer put back in and the dentist gave him a kiddie cocktail so we are at home resting the rest of the day. Tomorrow we will be busy getting ready for Alexa's birthday on Saturday. We are going to Aunt Brandy and Uncle Sean's to go swimming and have a luau party!

No comments:

Post a Comment