Friday, September 19, 2008

Blogger Friend School #102




Assignment: This week I want you to do something for someone else. Do you have a neighbor that needs you? Do you know an elderly person or single mom that could use you? What about the homeless? Pack even one single sack lunch and give it to someone in need. Do you know someone in blogland that is struggling right now and could use a note from you about how much you care? Pray about this. Let God put on your heart the perfect thing for you to do for another. Now, here is the kicker…I DO NOT want you to post about what you do. Whatever you choose to do is between you and God. Our rewards are in heaven, not here on earth, Mathew 6:1. I want you to post about how doing this “act” made you feel. Was stepping out of your comfort zone in this area as hard as you thought it might be? Could you see the gratefulness in their eyes? Hear it in their voice? Tell it from their typing? Do you think you might make doing things like this a more regular part of your time?  If this is an area that you are already active in, tell us how you feel this has impacted your life.


I had to think about this assignment for awhile this week.  My desire this year has been to step out and serve with my children where we can do something tanigable together to help someone else.  I want to follow through in little ways.  Anastasia and I have been able to do this a couple of times and the rewards are great!  It is neat to watch my daughter get excited about giving and serving others.  She is now looking for ways we can serve others.    We have also been on the other end this year and we have had to accept others reaching out knowing that they are being blessed by blessing us.  I think that has been harder but I know how good I feel when helping others as God leads.  It is hard to describe because I know it is not me but the fact that God uses me in this small way is so rewarding.  It makes me want to step out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment