Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blogger Friend School #103




Intro: It keeps going, and going, and going…. (Marketing credit: Energizer)




Housekeeping: that household mess, it keeps going and going and going. It’s a perpetual chore that we diligently need to keep going on to stay on top it. We all have different ways of keeping ourselves energized.




Assignment: How do you keep energized so you can get it all done? bouncy music? treat it like a workout? Do you use a schedule?, a housekeeping binder system? luck of the draw system?.. or is this an area where you need encouragement? Do you need God’s help to keep order and beauty in your dwelling place? Take this week to tell us how You diligently keep going with your housekeeping chores.







This is an area I am slowly getting under control with the Lord's help!!!  Trying to find balance has been key for me.  We can have a really good school day and the house will fall apart or I can spend too much time cleaning and all the school work doesn't get done.


I keep a household notebook and follow a lot of Flylady’s recommendations.  I also love Managers of Their Homes by Steve and Teri Maxwell.  I love this book!!! My schedule has had to be revamped several times with having 4 kids in four and a half years.  In our family the kids ages are 10,5,3,2,almost 4 mos.  So lately it has been all about teaching them to clean up after themselves!!!  My oldest daughter is a tremendous help!  It is just a constant battle to stay right on top of them or it can look like a tornado came through.


In our schedule we have worked in a clean up time and chore time.  It is slowly progressing.  In order to keep them going and going and going we use the timer a lot. (Let's see how much we can clean up in 10 minutes) or I will race them in making beds.  My son also always wants me to put on his "fast music" when he is cleaning his room.  It is a CD of Chrisitan preschool songs, the first one is " I am a C-h-r-i-s-t-i-a-n".  This really gets him going!


I wish keeping myself motivated was as easy!  For mundane tasks I have taken to praying during these.  For example when putting the kids clothes away I will pray for each child.  When doing dishes I will pray for things I am thankful for.  These little things help give new prospectives to my tasks.


It was suggested to share a picture this week of something relating.  I am sharing a picture of the cover of my binder.  I love my binder and it is a work in progress.  For the cover I just made up a sheet of pictures of my family and some favorite verses.  I love looking at this and it reminds me who I am doing all these things for, the Lord and my family!



Memory Verse: 1 Timothy 4:15 (NIV)


Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment