Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving


We had a pretty hard day today which you can read more about in my Blogger Friend School Assignment this week.  So to lighten things up we decided to carve our pumpkins tonight and then we watched "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".


Jay always carves the pumpkins and the kids help scoop out all the "goop" then we roast the seeds.  Usually after Halloween I get a couple more pumpkins to cook and make mash then we use the mash for bread, muffins, pancakes and pie!  Yum, Yum.


Here is a poem we always do with one of our pumpkins:


The Pumpkin Prayer


Dear God,

As I carve my pumpking help me say this prayer:

Open my mind so I can learn about You;

(Cut the top of the pumpkin)

Take away all my sin and forgive me for the wrong things I do.

(Clean out the inside)

Open my eyes so Your love I will see;

(Cut the eyes out in heart shapes)

I'm so sorry for turning up my nose to all you've given me.

(Cut a nose in the shape of a cross)

Open my ears so your word I will hear.

(Cut the ears shaped like the Bible)-we did rectangles

Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near

(cut the mouth in the shape of a fish)

Let Your light shine in all I say and do! Amen.

(Place a candle inside and light it)


Here are verses to go with it:


Open my mind...  Know that the LORD...is God.  Psalm 100:3


Take all my sin...If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us.  1John 1:9


Open my eyes... Open my eyes, that I ma see Wonderous things from Your law. Psalm 119:18


I'm sorry...Create in me a clean heart, O God.  Psalm 51:10


Open my ears...Incline you ear, adn come to Me.  Isaiah 55:3


Open my mouth to tell others...I shall...declare the works of the LORD.  Psalm 118:17


Let Your light shine...[Jesus said,] "Let your light so sihine before men. that they may see your good works adn glorify your Father in heaven."  Matthew 5:16



 



 



 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment