Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What's For Dinner Wednesday's??


The last 2 weeks Jay and I have gotten back on Weightwatchers full board.  (We weren't strict about it over Christmas).  I have now lost a total of 20lbs.  Jay has lost 25 and his goal is to lose another 40 by his graduation in July.  I want to lose at least another 20 then I will be rid of all my baby weight but I am going to have to excercise to tone my tummy!!!  Anyways, moving on...  I love WW it is so easy to follow and we don't feel restricted in what we can eat.  It is very doable (is that a word?) and manageable!  So with doing this I haven't been doing the OMAC with my group anymore.  I instead have been stocking up on my own and doubling some recipes such as meatloaf, chicken, meatballs and such.


Here is a great recipe I found and tried this week.  It is for the slow cooker which I love to use on busy days.  I think each serving was about 5 pts.


Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings


4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

2 tablespoons butter

2 10.75-ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted

1 14-ounce can chicken broth

1 onion, finely diced

1 10-ounce package refrigerated biscuit dough


Place the chicken, butter, soup, broth and onion in slow cooker. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high. One hour before serving, open biscuits. Roll each one to be about 1/4-inch thick and cut into 1/2-inch strips. Add to the slow cooker, laying on top of chicken and liquid. Overlapping strips of dough will occur. Continue cooking until the dough is no longer raw in the center, about 1 hour. Note: Dough will not cook into biscuits as you might think. It will become like traditional dumplings. Serves: 6 to 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment