Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Resurrection Sunday!


Happy Resurrection Sunday!


We had a really nice Easter and my kids looked so nice in their outfits and did I get any really good pictures......No! Jay and Joshua stayed the night at church in the motorhome because of all the sound equipment that was set up on the outside stage for the services. Anastasia got a ride to church to be there early because she was singing in the choir. So that left me with the four little ones to get ready. That part actually went pretty smooth and we even made our yearly treat of resurrection rolls before Anastasia left. We had no intention of trying to make it to the sunrise service this year. Maybe in a year or two. Our church was just having one big outdoor service at 10:00 and we made it in plenty of time! Well my kids don't pose nicely when it is too bright and sunny out so I gave up on getting pictures outside with them all together. But I did get a couple:




See what I mean! LOL


We do believe in arranged marriages.





Jay led the choir in a contada for the Easter service. There was one song that all the kids participated in .




I really try to down play the easter bunny and instead focus on Christ and what He did for us on the cross. I don't know I just have issues with the easter bunny but not Santa, go figure. Anyways,this year I found some great activties and devotionals to do each day from Palm Sunday to Resurrection Sunday. We didn't get to do them all but I would like to try to next year.


Ok so the Easter bunny does come and visit but he comes while we are at church. That way we can all be together. We got home around 12:30 after stacking chairs and helping bring things back into the church by that time the girls hair was not the greatest and everyone was hot so again no great pictures.


This is a picture of the campfire that daddy and Joshua had the night before. Jay tries really hard to take at least one or two kiddos with him when he goes up to the church and works and what not. It is important to him to spend that time with the kids and this was a great time for him and Joshua. It also gives me a little break when I need it.


When we got home they all raced in to see what they had in their baskets.



The bigger kids each got a piggy bank, bubbles, sidewalk chalk candy of course and a webkinz (sidenote: we scored right after Christmas and stumbled across the webkinz at walgreens and they were on sale for $5.00!!) Natasha got a Dora The Explorer movie. She loves Dora and it is sooo cute to hear her sing the Dora song! Jadon just got some biter biscuits which he will be ready for soon.


Here are some pictures I was able to take:










I almost forgot each of the kids also got their own green cereal bowl. You are probably saying what?? The story behind it is this: At my baby shower my mom brought me some banana pudding in a green cereal bowl. (just a plastic, cheap bowl, but I love her banana pudding!) and ever since then the kids fight to have that bowl. Now mind you we have other cheap cereal bowls in a variety of colors but they all fight for that one. (Seriously!! ). Well now they each have their own and I need to give grandma back hers. LOL












Papa and grandma joined us for church and lunch. We were so tired when we got home Jay just cooked up a yummy chicken stir fry, the girls played and took naps, Joshua and Papa played some legos and we just lounged around the rest of the day.



"He is not here, for He has risen..." Matthew 28:6

No comments:

Post a Comment