Tuesday, January 6, 2009

BFS Assignment # 115- Prayer Box


Memory Verse: Ecclesiastes 3: 1, 2 - To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven; A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.


Intro: My Prayer Box is a unique personal declaration of faith. It’s a place for our family to lock our worries, wishes, desires and prayers–even keepsakes or photos of loved ones. It’s about gathering thoughts and prayers that allow us to pursue dreams and to recognize that we are never truly alone. My Prayer Box represents faith, which is a force that allows us to believe in things—things you can’t hold in your hand, but can always feel in your heart. Here is a post about prayer boxes and how to get started using them, it’s not too late since it’s early in the year.


Assignment: Tell about your prayer box, if your family has one that you peruse at New Year’s Eve or New year’s Day and share those prayers, thoughts and acts of faith on the next year.


What a neat idea! We used to keep a prayer journal but we have never kept a prayer box. Upon seeing this assignment I have been thinking a lot about it. and I am trying to come up with a neat and unique box to use. We talked some about resolutions with the kids and I did a post about it but I think we will make a prayer box as a family. We can talk about it this Friday during our family fun night. I will incorporate it into school this next week and have us write out some prayers and then put up our box with our Christmas decorations to save for next year. As soon as I come up with a box I will post a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment