Friday, August 20, 2010

How to Eat Fried Worms




This year I am doing a read aloud each day after lunch. They are completing their yellow job cards before lunch (this works better than doing them after lunch because they work much faster because they are hungry!) So after lunch Natasha and Jadon lay down for naps so does Alexa but some days she gets to stay up for read aloud and then she lays down. I decided to start the year with How to Eat Fried Worms ( I know a real piece of classic literature...ha) Anyways we had a lot of fun with it. I finished the book by the end of the week so we had a very "special" lunch......



Dare I say it's a lunch of "worms and maggots"...EEEWW. (Have you ever cooked hot dogs in the microwave? Slice them and heat them in the microwave and they curl all up) They really look like worms!!

Dessert was yummy worms in dirt! (ground up oreos, chocolate pudding and whip cream with gummy worms)


No comments:

Post a Comment