Wednesday, October 14, 2015

2nd Week of the month




Co-op is on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month.  So Keepers and book club is on the 2nd Wednesday of the month in the afternoon and Anatomy co-op is on the 2nd Thursday of the month in the afternoon as well. 

This month for Keeper's the girls went on a tour of our local library.  I was probably looking more forward to it than them.  If I had to get a job outside of the home I would want to work in a library and do children's story hour.  Ha!  After the tour was over they did like it.  We all got to even see how books are checked back in to the library.

I just dropped Joshua off at book club this month and I went with the girls so no pictures of him.  His book for this month was Maniac Magee.  I made him read this one all on his own. He told me it was an okay book but not his favorite. I told him that is part of book club, to read all types of books and it is okay to not like them all. However the mom who was hosting had a lot of fun activities planned and he really enjoyed them.


Pictures from our library tour:







I tried to get a couple of pictures for Science co-op.  This month we completed chapters 3 and 4 (we still have a little bit of work to do).  These chapters included studying the muscles and the digestive system.  The mom who hosts co-op for the month is responsible for coming up with the activities.  We usually put the kids into 3 or 4 groups and they rotate "stations".  Each one of us moms will teach or lead the activity at a station. This month the kids practiced using and naming certain muscle groups, they labeled and colored the digestive system and had to creatively make their own digestive system using the materials they were given.  One of the families in our group is my friend who has moved away.  It was very strange not having them there.  However, we are very excited knowing they will actually be back next month for a visit.  : )




No comments:

Post a Comment