Saturday, April 21, 2012

Discipleship Training School


I am so PROUD and AMAZED of my daughter, Anastasia!  She completed a 13 week discipleship course that was designed for 17-21 year olds.  Good friends of ours, Pastor James and his wife Tracy lead this course.  It is an intense course that required a lot of focus and dedication and Anastasia completed it (during our move and everything)  She asked to do this course and only wanted to do it if they wouldn't "dumb" it down because of her age.
At the end of the 13 weeks they had a graduation ceremony.  It was a beautiful dinner and each participant got a chance to get up and give their testimony and share some verses they had memorized.  Then they were presented with a beautiful new note taking Bible.




Who Am I?
I have the Holy Spirit power! I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.  I have stepped over the line.  THE decision has been made.  I am HIS DISCIPLE.  I won't look back, let up, slow down, or back away.  My past is forgiven, my present makes sense and my future is secure.  I am finished with low-living, sight-walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talk, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.  I do not need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotion or popularity.  I do not feel the need to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.  I now live by faith, live by prayer, lean on Him, walk in patience and labor by His power!  My face is set and my goal is the Kingdom of Heaven.  My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable and my mission clear.  I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, deluded or delayed.  I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice or hesitate in the presence of adversity.  I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.  I will never give up, shut up or let up.  I will pray, read God's Word, deny myself and preach the Good News of Jesus Christ.  I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach until all know and work until He stops me.  When He comes or takes me home, may He have no problem recognizing me! I am a DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST!

No comments:

Post a Comment