Saturday, January 29, 2011

Commander College

As most of you know I am the Commander for the Awana Club at our church. This is our 2nd year of club and I was blessed with the opportunity to be able to attend Commander College as it was held here in AZ. What a blessing this 2 and a half day conference was!! There were 25 commanders attending from around AZ . We all got a chance to share and bond and learn from one another. Our Awana missionaries here in Az coordinated the entire thing and they did a wonderful job. We even got to go bowling (which I haven't done in years.)and out to Red Robin for dinner one night. It was so much fun.

The sessions were great with wonderful speakers. I was excited that Larry Fowler was one of the main presenters. He has written several books that I have/am reading....... Raising a Modern Day Joseph and Rock Solid Kids. Two excellent books that speak to my heart. Each session was informative and convicting for me as a leader. I was able to really evaluate my own strengths and weaknesses and came away with a lot of useful information. I was also able to learn more about Awana's history and founders. It is such an incredible program whose central focus is the Gospel above all else.

At the end of the class we were each awarded with a certificate and I am now a Certified Commander ;). I can't wait to attend college 201. I didn't have my camera with me to get any pictures but here are some pictures of happenings at our club.


Our Cubbies

Sparks


Award time. Joshua is wearing his vest backwards for backwards night.

No comments:

Post a Comment