Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Anniversary

Today I celebrated being married to my best friend and the love of my life for 16 years! What a wonderful celebration it was. We were able to go stay the night in a hotel (JUST THE TWO OF US!) we have not gotten away, just us two, in over 2 years. WOW.

We have a wonderful friend, Ms. Cindy, who was thrilled to come and stay the night with our kiddos. What a blessing. Jay did have class both Friday and Saturday. So we went for a late lunch/early dinner and then checked into the hotel. Jay went to class and I got to spend some time all by myself. Boy that was a treat. It was so quiet!

The next morning, Jay had to be at class by 8:00am. I got up with him and we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant then he went to class and I went back to bed and slept till 11:30am!!!

Jay got out of class early and we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon together. It was a much needed get away for both of us.

I am looking forward to the next 16!

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
does not act unbecomingly; it
does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment