Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Personal Bible study


For my own personal Bible study I am using an app on my phone called First 5. I am really enjoying it mainly because I have been able to stick with it! You can set alarms from the app. Mine is set at 7am. If I am up before it goes off I can make some coffee and sit at the table by myself and read it. Otherwise I just lay in bed and read it that works too! It is a simple for meaningful plan to follow and it get me in the Word first thing each morning which has not always been the case.

I am sharing this because I was reminded once again how God is in the details! This current study is in Ruth, Esther and Song of Songs. Monday was our first day of school and Monday's Bible study was in Esther. It was 9:20-32. After the scripture reading there is always a short devotional. Reading through the devotional one of the other verses they tied in was Isaiah 61:1-3.  Look at the top of my blog!!  That verse is our school verse! Of all the verses to be used in connection with the study today. I just felt peace and comfort of God talking to me about our first day back to school.  How cool is that!!  You should go check out this devotional and join in if you don't have one you are currently using.

No comments:

Post a Comment