Sunday, July 16, 2017

'Twas the night before school



'Twas the night before school started, and all through the house
Not a child was stirring; it was just me and my spouse.
The schoolroom was cleaned and the books stacked with care,
Knowing we would spend part of our days in there.
The children were nestled all snug in their beds;
While visions of co-op danced in their heads.
And me with my arms full of morning treats
Was setting a table to look oh so neat!
I couldn’t wait for them to wake in the morning
Surly this day would be anything but boring.
We'll do our school work at the table and on the floor
Bible, reading, math and so much more!
This year there will be co-op, sports, and book clubs  too
Maybe even a few trips to the zoo.
We follow our own schedule and feel so blessed
We think homeschooling is the best!
-----Lori Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment