Sunday, February 12, 2012

The BIG 40!


What a fabulous February we had between Jay's birthday, Jutem staying for 2 weeks, Valentine's Day, our anniversary and a trip to Vegas.  I am going to blog about each event separately.

Jay's 40th birthday was the first event in February.  It was so much fun to plan and I kept it a secret from him for a time anyways.  :(   He of course eventually found out but he didn't know who all I invited.  So as everyone arrived it was a surprise to him.  I have to say my favorite part was the slide show I made for him.  I was quite pleased with how it turned out.  I am trying to figure out how I can upload it here.  We will see if it works.

We had people arrive from all over.  Even Mrs. Siler, Jay's high school drama teacher and now family friend drove all the way from Payson.  I have a lot of pictures and tried to just pick a few to capture the day.  I realized though that I don't have any real "intentional" pictures of good group photos.  We were all busy enjoying ourselves.  :)
                                            The Johnson's (our old neighbors)

                                                 Mrs. Siler
                                                
                                                  Auntie Nicole and Camden
                                                 

                    There were a lot of pics that didn't turn out so well.  But these two are still beautiful!
                                              Cousins
                                                  Papa
                                               Friends and family
  The CAKE!  We just went for store bought this time! 
                                             Can he get all the candles out?
                                                   Jadon sharing chips with the dog.
Ok trying to take this picture was worse than trying to get all 6 of my kids to stay still for a decent picture.  lol  These are 3 of Jay's best friends and I was so glad they were able to come.  The three of them are not friends but they each have a special friendship with Jay that is great.  Another great friend of Jay's, Mark, who lives in Oklahoma, was not able to make it but he had a pizza delivered to our house during the party.  That was pretty cool!

Thank you to all who were able to come to Jay's party.  It was great celebrating with all of you!

I love you Jay!!!  Here is to another 40!!!
                         




No comments:

Post a Comment