Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Homeschool Convention...One of my Favorite Times of the Year!


Well after 4 days of camping we came home and the next two days were spent at the annual home school convention. I love the convention for so many different reasons. It has been such an encouragement for both Jay and I over the years. I love the speakers, the exhibit hall, catching up and seeing friends and I especially love the focus of Christ being ever present through out the two days.
We spent our time listening to speakers and wandering the exhibit hall. I was able to get the curriculum needed. (Read my next post for what we will be using.) We are adding another official homeschooler to the bunch this year with Savannah starting kindergarten. She is so excited. So Anastasia will be in 7th grade, Joshua 2nd grade, Savannah kindergarten and Alexa preschool. I told them I would bring them each home their books and Alexa wanted one too. I didn't want to leave her out so I found a preschool book for her. We will officially start back to school on August 2nd. We will school that week then take the next week off to go camping and then start again. Isn't homeschooling great!!!
It was a refreshing and tiring weekend rolled into one!

No comments:

Post a Comment