Thursday, November 27, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs # 15





http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/hsbawards/Homeschool%20Memoirs/hm20.png


I love Thanksgiving. Not only for the great food we prepare but the fellowship with family we have! This year my Grandma Starr will be having Thanksgiving with us - the first time in over 10yrs, I think - and that is definitely something to be thankful for! Amanda, Rachel, and I had a wonderful time making up the menu list for everything we’ll be preparing tomorrow. I always get up and want to make all the food in a hurry so we can “get on” with the day, but preparing the food with your family is part of the tradition, isn’t it?


THEME


This week, you guessed it, is going to be about having a thankful heart! Yes, of course, we should always be thankful for everything we’re blessed with, but it’s not too often we actually sit and ponder what. This week please join me in writing 27 things you’re thankful (There’s got to be at least 27things!). I picked 27 because this year Thanksgiving is on the 27th of November.


Also, share a Scripture verse for this week!


1.  Jesus as my Savior


2.  My family


3.  My kids boundless energy --even when I am dragging


4.  Being able to homeschool my children


5.  My husband's desire for me to stay home


6.  Our new library


7.  Our backyard that the kids love to play in.


8.  Computers


9.  Close friends


10.  Coffee


11.  A God who always provides


12,  Internet


13,  Rain


14.  My sister


15.  My parents


16,  A comfy bed


17.  My children's laughter


18.  Good night kisses


19.  My brother


20.  My husbands family


21.  My favorite purple blanket


22.  time to blog


23.  Dinner with my family each night


24.  A God who is in control


25.  My suburban


26.  Being able to read my Bible freely


27.  God's grace


This is our Thankful tree all full now!


"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"   Joshua 24:15


No comments:

Post a Comment