Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving


We ended up having a quiet Thanksgiving at home this year.  We were supposed to go over to my sister's house but they got strep throat and we wanted no part of that after just getting over the stomach flu!  We began our day by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, it is our tradition.  We called Anastasia to make sure she was watching it too.  Then everyone helpd prepare dinner.  We had enough food for an army; turkey, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, corn pudding, green beans, cranberry jello salad and sweet yams.  For dessert we made two pies, apple and pumpkin.


Joshua helped with the pumpkin pie.  It is his favorite!


I had to get out the aprons.  My Grandma Phillips made the apron that Savannah is wearing for me when I was little.



 I had the girls put together the relish tray. Even though it was just us I had to have one it is tradition.  My grandma Carson always made one for everyone to nibble on while waiting for dinner.  This tray in fact was my grandmas and it brings back such good memories of Thanksgivings past.  What special memories do you have?



 


Our table.. We have so much to be thankful for!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment