Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our Thankful Tree

p>


It's that time of year again where we put up our "Thankful Tree" and watch it blossom.  We usually put this up around the first of November and then each morning everyone fills out one leaf with something they are thankful for.  It is a great challenge for the kids because they are not allowed to repeat things they have already written.


To make the tree I just use brown construction paper and make a trunk and branches (as you can see I am no artist).  Then I have the leaves template saved on the computer so I print them out on different colored paper.  I printed a bunch out and cut them all out so they would be ready to go each morning.  The tree looks better and better the fuller it gets as we get closer to Thanksgiving.  On Thanksgiving we take them down and read over all our blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment