Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ultimate Homeschool Expo 2008

Ready for a big dose of encouragement? Need some real help homeschooling, but... No time to travel? No extra money for hotels…parking…and eating out? Can’t break away from your family? Well…we have the PERFECT solution! Join us for our Ultimate Homeschool Expo 2008!


http://www.ultimatehomeschoolexpo.com/


I came across this on one of my yahoo groups and it looks great. I am going to talk to Jay and see about joining in.


Jay and I love our annual homeschool convention here in Phoenix, AZ. We have gone every year since Anastasia was 2. I had always wanted to homeschool but Jay wasn't that sure so we went to our first convention back in the summer of 1999 and the Lord spoke to our hearts and we have never looked back!!! We actually missed last years convention due to moving and very tight finanaces and it makes us all the more eager to go to this years.


It is held on a Friday and Saturday each year in July. We go both days all day to hear all the speakers and go to workshops and my favorite the infamous curriculum hall!!! I could get lost in there for hours. So my dear hubby makes me make a list before we go of what I need! It is just an encouragement to be around thousands of other homeschoolers who have "been there, experienced that, and can just relate". It is a definite recharge of our batteries. Here is the website for more info and about the speakers this year: www.afhe.org


I can't believe in the fall we will be starting our 6th year of homeschooling. It was easy in the beginning with just Anastasia but now in the fall it will be quite the juggling act with a 5th grader, kindergartner, preschooler, 2 year old and a baby! For this reasy I love Managers of their Homes by the Maxwells. (For more info visit www.titus2.com) It has helped me come up with a workable schedule that is doable. I of course will be updating it over the summer to include our new little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment