Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Peek into a Busy Homeschool Day

Today was quite busy. Jay left for work like usual around 4:30am and I had a hard time falling back asleep. I finally went ahead got up about 5:45 and did some stuff on the computer before the kids got up.


Then the day really started. I fixed breakfast and while they were eating I finished making the meatballs for the swap. Anastasia spent the morning doing home ec by helping me make 3 meatloaves and cooking up a bunch of hamburger meat for tacos and spaghetti. We got that all done about 9:30am and then everyone went and got their morning jobs done (getting dressed, brushing teeth, making beds etc.)


She loves squishing the meat!


How do I put this on?? It is bigger than both my hands together.


Next, Anastasia completed her math and reading for the day and then she rehearsed what she wanted to share for Author's Chair. We get together about once a month with other homeshcooled friends and the kids get to get up in front of one another and share what they have been learning about. This month's theme was science so Anastasia wanted to share about her rocks, minerals and volcano unit that she completed in the fall. Joshua and Savannah got to pick something to share as well.


During this time I laid Alexa down for a morning nap and Joshua and Savannah and I worked on their farm unit. They learned the song "Five Little Ducks went out one Day" and they made "wolly sheep"


Our sheep!


At 11:00 Anastasia's friend came over to go to art class with Anastasia and Mrs. Tina picked them both up to take them. They have art each Thursday for an hour and a half. It is a great class that Anastasia really enjoys. There are about 8-10 kids in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment