Sunday, July 20, 2008

Homeschool Convention

I absolutely love our annual homeschool convention. It is held in July each year in downtown Phoenix. It is just awesome to gather with thousands of other Christian homeschoolers and get rejuvenated for the year. Jay and I go both Friday and Saturday all day. This year I am just praising God that we were able to go because we had to find a babysitter last minute. Next year our plan is to stay at a hotel right there and make a weekend of it. A lot of couples do this and how great that would be.


They had wonderful speakers again this year; Mary Schofield, Theresa Moon and Marcia Somerville were my favorites. Listening to them just helps us refocus and stay focused on our goals of why we are homeschooling in the first place. Then there of course is the curriculum hall which I love to look around in and could spend hours in there. The good thing is I don't get overwhelmed in there anymore. I was really good this year and came with my list and stuck to it.


While there these two days we of course ran into a lot of people we know but I also ran into someone I went to high school with and another person I went to college with. It was funny because when I ran into the lady I had went to high school with I kept thinking back to high school and picturing her there. Now mind you there was nothing wrong with her but of course she has aged since high school obviously and you don't always realize that in yourself till you see someone else.


We were exhausted after 2 days of go go go. I actually played hookey from church. Jay took all the kids and I stayed home with the baby. She had been wanting to nurse every hour and half during the convention and had an upset tummy so I didn't want to take her to church just to nurse constantly and change diapers. It was so quiet at home!!! I was able to get some things done amongst the nursing and 5 diapers I changed in 3 hours. We all just had a relaxing rest of the day and I was able to finally make up our fall daily schedule and start August-October lesson plans. That was really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment