Tuesday, July 8, 2008

School Supplies are my weakness!!!

Have I ever mentioned that I absoultely LOVE school supplies. I am a school supply junkie. If I ever got a job again I would love to work at Staples or Office Max! I don't know what it is maybe that I used to play school all the time growing up or from my few years as a teacher and now homeschooling but maybe I need a support group. I know my friend Tina would join with me!!!



Another mom in our homeschool group works at Wal-Mart and told us yesterday that school supplies were already on sale and there were noteboooks for .05 can you believe it?!? (A lot of schools here go year round and start back up the end of July that is why they are out already). So needless to say after Tastee Freeze yesterday, which was a lot of fun and I think our large group might have overwhelmed the guy a bit, Tina and I met up and went to Wal-mart.



I of course went home first and dropped my kiddos off (except for Tasha) because daddy was home and right after Tastee Freeze I had to take all of them with me to the grocery store for just a quick trip but it reaffirmed for me why I don't take all of them at one time to the store with me!! No, that is not my idea of fun espically after them just having ice cream. What was I thinking?? Actually I was having to think of my gas tank and the fact that we were right across the street from the grocery store. Wal-Mart however is less than 3 minutes from my house.



OK back to the school supplies....We met at Wal-mart and of course the notebooks were all sold out but they have crayola brand crayons 24 ct. for .20 and markers for .88, pencil boxes, rulers, and glue oh my!!! Do I need all of this stuff? Probably not but how can you turn down crayons for .20. I am actually going to suprise the kids with their stuff because I need to get back packs for them for our trip at the end of the month and I will fill them with stuff to do on the airplane and in the car. And Joshua officially starts Kindergarten this year so he needs supplies. LOL and if I get stuff for him the girls are going to want some things as well. Hey maybe I should write one of those books "If you give a Mouse a Cookie" just have it be about school supplies.



On another note one thing I do do with all these school supplies and I can stock up guilt free (well mostly) is I buy while they are on sale because then in November we always participte in Operation Christmas Child. It is a ministry through Samaritans Purse. You fill a shoe box for a child and they are sent all over the world. It is great to put in crayons and paper (no glue though) and pencils and then of course little toys and such. So that is another main reason I stock up now then we have these items practically for pennies to put in these boxes. If you have never participted in this ministry before check it out it is easy and wonderful to do with your kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment