Thursday, July 17, 2008

We've been in Hawaii this week

Did my title catch your attention??? Well we have been visiting Hawaii vicariously through our VBS. It has been exciting, fun, trying and exhausting all at the same time. We met Sunday morning and then Sun-Wed each night from 6:00-9:00pm. Jay and I taught the first and second graders. They were a great group of kids and we had a lot of fun island hopping with them learning all about God's unshakeable truth! I loved the music each night and I actually found it to start my playlist of music. It is very catchy and the "Wiki Wiki" song was my favorite. It covered the ABC's of Christianity.





Anastasia got called up on stage one evening to do the motions to the songs. She did awesome!!


Joshua with one of his dollars. Each evening the kids could earn dollars that they then put in a box to be drawn for a prize on family night.


Our mascot. She stayed with Jay and I kind of anyways when the other leaders weren't stealing her to hold.


Tonight was family night. We all met at a local park and our church hosted a cookout with two inflatable waterslide bouncers. The kids had a great time.






No comments:

Post a Comment