Friday, July 18, 2008

We finally went swimming

I had my 6 week post partum exam on Wednesday and everything looks great so off to the pool we went Thursday morning. Oh and let me get side tracked as that was a story in itself.....My entire pregnancy I never had to wait more than 10 minutes in the waiting room at the dr. office. So my last appt on Wednesday I just figured I would take all the kids with me by myself. We brought coloring things and they like to look at the magazines. We get there and my dr. is running behind and we had to wait over 45 minutes in the waiting room. Did I mention I had brought all five kids?! Well by time we were called no one wanted to stay in the waiting room they all wanted to come with me. (The original plan was for 2 to stay with Anastasia in the waiting room) I brought them all in with me. Then the nurse said I had to be examined if you know what I mean. (I don't know how I forgot this after having 5 kids but anyways.....) So I sent them all (except the baby)back to the waiting room. I got a sucker for each of them and told Anastasia just to appease them. I was in there at least another 15-20 min. and I just prayed they were all behaving because it wasn't like I could just run out there to check on them. I have good kids but over an hour in a waiting room is really pushing it!!!!! I was never so glad to get out of there and get home!!


Now back to Thursday...It is too hot for Tasha to be outside in the middle of the day so Grandma Donna watched her for us. At least 6 other moms in our group showed up and we all had a great time. I really like this pool because there is an entire zero depth and shallow play area with climbing slide and things so I can sit in that area with the moms and watch the kids. Joshua was tall enough to do the water slides this year and he loved them.


I didn't realize how nice it was to get out of the house and just talk with my friends. It has been awhile so it was good for all of us. When we left the girls were asleep before we even got out of the parking lot.


Joshua coming down the big water slides.


We bring our lunches with to eat there and they know how to work up an appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment