Thursday, May 1, 2008

ABC's of Homemaking

ABC's of Homemaking

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?


No usually only at Christmas time with baking. My grandma made me one that I use then.


Baking – Favorite thing to bake


Breads, muffins, cookies espically at Christmas time



Clothesline – Y/N?


Growing up my mom used one but for me No and never during the summer here!! Although clothes would dry in 15 minutes or less I am sure.


Donuts – Have you ever made them?


No, we used to have Krispe Kreme donuts here and they were the best!!!!



Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day.


dishes and make my bed


Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?


Yes, we have a chest freezer in the garage that my parents bought us years ago. I love it!!!


Garbage disposal- Y/N-


Yes



Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?


Dinner's in the Freezer (More Mary Less Martha) by Jill Bond. It is much much more than just a cookbook, I also really like My Heart's at Home by Jill Savage


Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?



Hate it!!!!!


Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?


Yes, but more of a tool drawer in a cabinet in our entry way


Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme


browns, tuscan fruit with grapes. All of the pieces up on top of my cabinets were made by my mother-in-law.


Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?


Being home and creating an environment where my family wants to spend time


Mop – Y/N?


Yes, I love the smell of Pinsol! LOL I mop at least once a week kitchen and bathrooms and front entry.




Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?


It's Arizona I don't wear nylons !!!


Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?


I open the oven I love the smells. However I have to keep the oven light on because my kids love to look through the window.



Pizza – What do you put on yours?


Pepperoni or ham and pineapple


Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?


Lately I have been napping when the kids nap. This pregnancy is catching up with me. Otherwise I am here at the computer


Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?


Recipe note book. My own notebook with dividers nothing that fancy. I actually have several of them.


Style of house – What style is your house?


Typical stucco of Arizona it is brown.


Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?


Napkins. At holidays I like to use tablecloths and set a formal table.


Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?


Organized, just detergents and extra sponges under there. Everything else is kept up out of reach in the laundry room.


Vacuum – How many times per week?


At least once most times twice a week


Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?


10-12. I try to only do laundry Mon-Fri and then take a break on the weekends because we are usually busy doing other things. So I wash at least 2 loads a day.



X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?


I have a permenant list that is in a page protector and then I use a dry erase marker.


Yard – Y/N? Who does what?


Jay and Anastasia mow the back yard. The front is rocks so we all just pull weeds when needed. I just help make sure toys are picked up. I want to do a small garden and then I will be in charge of that.


Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?


Run the dishwasher and pack Jay's lunch.


This was fun! If you would like to be "tagged", please feel free! Also, drop me a note to let me know. I'll come over to your place to check it out!











No comments:

Post a Comment