Friday, May 2, 2008

Nesting...38 Days and Counting


I am definitely starting to nest!! I am making lists and wanting things clean. There are quite a few projects to get done around here before this baby comes and it all can't be done the week before. We still have till May 30th for school and then will take the whole next week off to get ready for June 9th!


I love bins and tubs and labeling. I could get lost at Staples or in Target in the home organizing section!!! In fact I knew nesting was kicking in when I found my self at Target today oogling over the storage containers and I bought some to organize all our craft supplies that I store in our pantry.


My favorite story about nesting was when I was pregnant with our first child. We were living with Jay's parents at the time because we were having a house built. We were supposed to sign papers on December 24th and I wasn't due until Jan 7th. Well I had my baby shower and basically couldn't set anything up I just had to leave it in boxes and bags. The 23rd of December I told Jay I wanted the car seat put in the van. He argued with me and I argued back that I just wanted it in there what was the big deal. Well he ended up putting it in and lo and behold my water broke that night and Anastasia was born on Christmas Eve. So now it is our joke and he always asks me if I am ready to put the car seat in the car yet!


Things needing (wanting) to get done before the baby:


1) Clean out pantry


2) Clean baseboards


3) Move pack n play to our room


4) Shampoo carpet


5) I would love some painting done but that is probably pushing it. LOL


6) Sprinklers fixed in backyard


7) Garage straightened up


8) Baby clothes washed


9) Swing and bouncy seat set up


10) Snuggle nest found and washed


11) Preschool Activity bag paperwork all ready to go


12) Some pre-planning for next school year done


13) Make lists and schedules for my mom while she stays with the kids


14) I am sure there is more that I will come up with!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment