Friday, May 30, 2008

We've been busy

Wow what a busy two days it has been. I have been cleaning and organizing like a mad woman but I have not found a good balance with spending time with my kids. Do any of you ever experience days like that? It's not very often, espically with homeschooling but it happens when I am trying to do too much. I am home all day with them but what (besides the basics) did I do with them? So today I had a high school, homeschool girl come over for about 3 hours to play with the younger ones while Anastasia and I finished cleaning and organizing. Anastasia was a great help and was excited to hang up all the baby clothes. The others had a good time because they were being entertained and I could concentrate and they weren't making messes right behind me.


The little ones did help me set up the pack n play in my room. They were so excited they could hardly contain themselves. Then we made a chain that they get to tear off one link each day till the baby comes. We also went to Walmart and they each got to pick out a gift for the baby. They will get to bring it to the hospital to give to her. Joshua picked out a snuggly lion and and an eeoyre outfit. Savannah picked out some onsies and binkis (she says she will keep the binkis in her room for the new baby ) She was very attached to her binky until about 8 months ago when they got "lost". Alexa picked out socks and some pants for the onsies. I am going to take Anastasia to the store this weekend to pick something out because we went while she was in art class on Thursday.


I want to just relax this next week and play with the kids before the baby comes. We want to go to the pool and library and play games. I feel I can do that now and not have the house looming over me. We just need to maintain. It is finding that balance. I spend the time with my kids (which is the most important to me) and my house falls apart. I spend the time with the house and my kids go crazy. We are striving for balance which is coming it's just a constant battle and I of course want my kids to win out. I know that routine is the key and I just need to stick with our routine.


On another note we have finally started back with our family night time devotionals. We do this at dinner time and Jay is reading from Leading Little Ones to God: A Child's Book of Bible Teachings by Marian M. Schoolland. It is an excellent book we went through it a few years ago with Anastasia and she loved it, and still does. I still pick up things from it as well. It is keeping Joshua and Savannah's attention and it is amazing and I must say funny at times to hear their perspectives on things.


I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth. 3John 1:4


Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment