Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blogger Friend School #101




Assignment: This would be a good week to tell about your worst struggles with a lifestyle of homeschooling.  Tell about something you’ve struggled with and how God’s mercies gave us the strength to get past it.  Also, share any curriculum/homeschool methods that have been a relief to you, i.e., a particular Teacher’s Manual or Homeschooling method that’s been easier for your family.  Talk about how you felt when the burden was lifted and Oh, What a Relief it is!


 Frustrations and struggles I have been having are just staying on track and keeping my kids motivated.  The other big struggles is maintaining the house all at the same time.  So let me tell you the timing of this assignment is a "God thing".  Just this week any struggles or frustrations I have been feeling went right out the window after our first day of Co-op.  I stated in a previous post how I have been wanting to be part of a co-op and finally joined one this year.  It is a great group of ladies and I am blessed to be a part of it. 


However, I got a reality check this week as to what it would be like to drop my kids off at school each day and I didn't like it one bit!!!  The co-op meets the first 3 Mondays each month and moms take turns teaching a month at a time.  So I am not teaching this month, I will teach in October. 


I had to have all five kids dressed, eaten breakfast and out the door by 8:00am.  I droped the kids off and they were going to be there from 9-1pm. (I kept the youngest two with me).  Now mind  you they were so excited to "go to school" but I must have felt what every mom feels like when she drops her kids off to kindergarten for the very first time.  No thank you, I will pass! I had such a strange mix of emotions driving away.  I was excited to have the time to spend with the baby and my two year old but I was at a loss as to what to do and I was missing the other 3!!!  I wanted to turn right around and go stay with them.  But on the other hand I am looking forward to that time to run errands and do special things with Alexa (my 2 year old).  


God shared with me that we are right where He wants our family to be and any frustrations and struggles I am facing in homeschool are minor.  I am so blessed to be able to spend the good part of everyday with my kids and not just the leftovers.



Memory Verse:  Psalms 55:22 - Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee; He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment