Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another Reason Why I Love Homeschooling!

Friday morning the kids got up and started their school work but I wanted to get out and do something so I said "Let's go to the zoo!"  We have annual passes so they were all excited because we hadn't been in awhile.  We invited my sister and they joined us.  While the rest of the country is having freezing weather and snow we have to take advantage of this beautiful 70' weather because come summer is when we will be hibernating in the house from the 115' weather!!  So we packed up some snacks and water and headed out.  This is one of many reasons I love homeschooling because we can do things like this on a whim.

Looking for ducks and turtles.


A worm from the composting area


The new Discovery Farm area is great!  My kids love Little People.



 



 



 



 



 


We actually got to feed the stingrays this time.  It was so neat .  They would swim over our hand to get the food(dead fish) sticking up from our fingers.  Several came up and splashed Savannah!



 


Joshua was so excited he found a dinosaur to ride on the carousel.


Can you swing like a monkey?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment