Thursday, January 29, 2009

Homeschool Memoirs # 23

http://homeschoolblogawards.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/hm23.png



THEME


This week’s theme is going to be on unit studies. Some people are really big on unit studies, others aren’t, and some use them as their primary learning tool. I think they’re great a fun way to encompass everything in what you’re studying. please share your favourite unit study and if you’ve never done one before share one you’d like to do.


I post quite often on the unit studies we are doing so I thought I would post some of my favorite links and rescources here.  I love lapbooks and Evan Moor Pockets of learning.  Last year we did a lot of notebooking.  I am very eclectic when I comes to planning these and pull from all different areas.  Some times too many!    I am teaching in our co-op next week with the preschoolers so I am planning a mini unit study on Groundhog's Day.  I found some of the cutest activities. 


1.  They are going to make a pop up Groundhog puppet http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/groundhogday/popuphog/


2.  Then I got a bunch of ideas from www.perpetualpreschool.com


        Tracing the kids silhouettes/shadows


         Guess the shadow


          Musical shadows


3.  I also love www.dltk-kids.com they have some great craft ideas as well.


I willl post pictures later in the week of our activities.




No comments:

Post a Comment