Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Homeschoool Memoirs # 25 How Many Loads


THEME


This question was posted at a Large Family Homeschooling fourm, and I thought it would be fun as one of the memoirs.



Question: Watching the Duggars, and other mega families [our family of 11 is small in comparison!] I was astounded at how many loads of washing. Do all large families do 7 loads a day and more, as I was thinking it sounds a little OTT?



So share all about your laundry. It’s on very rare occasion that it’s suitable to air dirty laundry. Ha!


We are a family of 7 and I am still looking for the laundry fairy!!!  I will not give up!    I do not do seven loads a day.  I do 2 maybe 3 and I don't do laundry on Sundays or Mondays  we aren't home long enough. So there is always laundry to do around here.  I would like to say it all gets folded and put away but there is in fact a basket right here in my room calling my name.  The kids do help as part of their afternoon chores to fold and put it away but it doesn't always happen.  I don't mind doing laundry and even folding it I just don't like putting it away.  However, I remind myself that I am blessed to have a washer and dryer and even dirty clothes to wash.  I really have to remind myself of that when my daughter are each putting on their second and sometimes third outfit of the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment