Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


My tackle it Tuesday this week is a two-parter because it is going to take me the two Tuesdays to get it all back together.  I have been in kind of a slump lately and have had a hard time getting motivated and fully back on track since Christmas.  I finally figured out what was causing all this and I am getting myself back on track.  Part of the problem affecting me was Jay's work schedule.  For about 3 months he wasn't getting home before 9:00 or 10:00pm and then was gone the next morning between 8:00 and 10:00am.  So I felt like I had the whole day dragging before us and I let our schedule slip.  This is the main thing.  I am a scheduler and my kids like a routine and schedule but I let others influence me.  I would hear comments like "we sleep in and do things at our leisure".  "Do you really follow a schedule and have snack at the same time everyday?" So we started floundering and doing things whenever during the day and only the basics were getting done.


  We are back to our routines and schedules and getting things accomplished.  When we do this we find we actually have more time in our day for the fun things.  It has also helped that Jay's schedule has changed back and he is home by 4:00 each day now.


So the thing I am actually "tackling" is my household notebook.  I am getting it back in order and back to following it.  Next week I will post pictures of it.


I am praying that sharing all of this will help others of you as well and seeing it in print will keep me accountable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment