Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blogger Friend School #105

 


Intro: M’m M’m Good (Campbell’s Soup)

The fall is such a wonderful time of year.  The beautiful foliage and cool, crisp morning air is such a wonderful change from the hot summer.  I also love the M’m M’m good smell of fall cooking and baking.  The wonderful fall veggies, fruits and Thanksgiving foods.


Memory Verse: Psalms 13:6 NIV

I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me.


Assignment:  Post your favorite fall recipe/recipes to share.  I love trying new recipes, do you?  It can be baking, main dishes, veggies, dessert or anything else you can think of.  There are no limits.  Mmmmmm..I can’t wait to take a look at some of those recipes.


What a great assignment as I have already done several posts about fall.  It is my favorite season.  I love it when the weather finally cools off so I can bake more.  It is no fun baking in the Arizona heat and it is just starting to cool off this past week.  Yippee!


In a previous post I just shared a great recipe for pumpkin playdough.  My kids look forward to this every year.  It isn't my own recipe but we have used it for years.


Pumpkin Playdough


Need: 5 1\2 Cups Flour, 2 Cups Salt, 8 teaspoons Cream of Tartar , 3\4 Cup Oil, 1 Container (1 1\2 ounces) Pumpkin Pie Spice, Orange Food Coloring (2 parts yellow, 1 part red) , 4 Cups Water


Mix all of the ingredients together. Cook and stir over medium heat until all lumps disappear. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.  


I love the smell of it.




I am wanting to start a recipe book for each of my kids that they can take with them when they married.  I want it to include family favorites  and special recipes. I can't decide how to do it but I think I will handwrite them as I love having handwritten recipes from my mom and grandmas.  Then I think I will include pictures as well.  I want it to be something they will treasure.


Two wonderful Thanksgiving recipes that I am planning on including are Corn Pudding and Cranberry Jello Salad.


Corn Pudding (recipe from my cousin)


1 Cup butter        1 Cup sour cream         1 can cream corn


2 eggs                 1 can nibblett corn (drained)    1 box jiffy corn bread mix


Mix all ingredients/Pour into casserols dish and bake at 350' for 30 min.


My first Thanksgiving in Arizona my Aunt made Cranberry Jello Salad and we have had it ever since:


1- big box cherry jello        1 can whole cranberry sauce


1 medium container sour cream     1 Cup chopped nuts


Make Jello as box sayst and refrigerate.  Let it set till wiggles then add cranberry sauce, Take a spoon and chop it up.  Add sour cream and nuts and then refrigerate till time to serve it.


I could share so many more.  I am so excited about fall and then Christmas!!!!


Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.  John 6:35

No comments:

Post a Comment