Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blogger Friend School Assignment #106

 


Intro: “Have It Your Way” (Burger King) 


Assignment: Tell us all about how your have “your” relaxing time, more especially how during the cooler months you take time to curl up with your favorite movie, book, Bible study, and what your favorite warm drink would be.


Share a picture of your favorite spot in the house or your favorite warm beverage, your favorite movie or book; possibly even your favorite Bible Study or maybe your women’s Bible group.


Memory Verse: Isaiah 40: 1- Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.


Well here in the desert we are still waiting for the cooler months.  I am beginning to think it might not happen this year!!!  LOL  but as for relaxing time I love to do that after all the little ones are tucked into bed or on the rare Saturday morning.  My favorite spot is our bed.  We have a king size bed with a canopy and I love to curl up with my favorite blanket (yes I still have a blankie) and read.  My husband got me my blanket 4 years ago for Christmas (to replace a childhood one that needed to be retired) and it is so comfy I just love it.  I always have to have it and my kids love to snuggle with it in my bed too.  My favorite thing to do while relaxing is read.  My all time favorite christian fiction book series are Love Comes Softly by Janet Oke and Red River of the North by Lorraine Snelling.  These are the only books I have ever re-read.  My favorite drink while relaxing is coffee I love all the holiday creamers that come out this time of year.  I also enjoy hot apple cider.


Now if I don't snuggle up on my bed I love to sit on the couch with my blanket and I am excited because this year my husband gave me an early Christmas gift.  We don't have a fire place and we can't use one much here anyways but I miss it.  Well I have been wanting one of those DVD's of a fire place that you play on your TV and it glows and looks like a fire place.  Jay got me one just the other day.  I am so excited as we have a big screen tv and I can play this and it plays Christmas music as well.  I can't wait to play it for the first time on Thanksgiving weekend when we put up our Christmas decorations.


Our bed


My blanket draped over a chair


A favorite verse to share: Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary    Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment