Thursday, October 23, 2008

The State Fair


Wednesday was homeschool day at the fair.  Usually there are two days that homeschoolers can choose from to sign up to get in to the fair for almost free.  I organized a trip for my group.  Kids are free and 1 free adult for every 5 kids and then it is only $5.00 for other adults.  And FINALLY after so many years they let us go on a special ride day meaning Wednesday was $1.00 ride day which was awesome.  Usually rides take anywhere from 4-7 tickets and tickets are about .75 cents each.  So $1.00 ride day was great for us and our pocketbook.


We got there at 10:30 and stayed until 6:30!!!  It was a great day but exhausting as well.  The kids look forward to the fair each year and I can always mark their growth by what rides they progress too.  Jay was able to just go into work for a few hours and then we picked him up so he could go with us.


Our first stop was the animal exhibits.


This first picture I took for my nephew and niece.  It's a hamster's dream come true.  They would get lost in there!!!


It's Emperor Kuzco



These next pictures were too cute!!  The Three Little Pigs, Billy Goat's Gruff and Little Red Hen!  I thought it was great as these are the stories we are doing right now with folktales and fairy tales.



 



 



 


 Billy Goat's gotta beard....


 



 


 Lunch time!  We brought our picnic lunches and this is the only picture I got of our group at lunch.  We were too busy eating, nursing the baby, taking the others potty, etc.   Of course even with bringing our food we had to have some fair food....turkey legs, corn dog and cotton candy. (We cheated and brought the caramel apples from Wal-mart a lot cheaper!)


 This is the only picture I got of almost our whole family.  My camera batteries died before the end of the day right as I was having someone take a family pic.  So I didn't get any pics at night with all the lights.  I love the fair at night!


Mommy got to ride the bumble bees!!


They ride the pink elephants every year!


Taking care of his little sisters!



I only got a few pics of Anastasia on her rides as most of hers were bigger and too hard to get pictures.


All four of them went on this ride.  It goes forward and then backwards and a sheet comes over the top and covers it.  Alexa loved it but Joshua never wants to go again!


Our fair has the gigantic enclosed ferris wheel.  I didn't get a picture of it but it is huge.  Well I chickend out so Jay took the kids up in it.  This is the only picture he got and then he didn't do to well on the ride!!


Tasha enjoyed her day in the stroller or in the carrier on me.


Somebody is tired!  Is it daddy or Savannah?


She still got in an afternoon nap!


The kids had a great day and fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment